Does anyone know General: Discussion

i SJ: Saint John, New Brunswick  Shopping, Classifieds, Jobs, Real Estate & Rentals, Discussion, Deals, Flyers, + more!

Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online!
Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online! See all recent posts Post a new ad / message Enhanced Features  Helpdesk
Business Advertising Sign-Up (Free!) Search
iSaintJohn Home Forums Home Contact Us Site Rules Terms of Use Privacy Statement

Visit the upgraded front page of iSJ for more info!

Free Saint John Visitor's Guide

Search the web:

Go Back   Saint John Classifieds & Forums > General & Local Discussion > General: Discussion

Old 10-17-2011
Long-Time Member (500+ posts)

Default Topic: Does anyone know

Does anyone know

what was going on in Kings Square today with the hammocks, tents etc?
was it a Wall Street protest?
Old 10-20-2011

Looks like a bunch of misfits to me. I bet half of them don't even know what there there for. My question is this......why aren't all these young kids in school or at work? instead of accupying King Square, mabey they should try occupying a School or a job! The police should tear down the eye sore of a "tent City" that they have constructed there! totally embarasing when cruise ship passengers walk throug our city!
Old 11-13-2011

I think it's great if you don't have to go to school or work for a living and you can afford to squat out (and make a major mess of Kings Square..which we all pay to maintain)

I agree with T-Diddy...it's an eyesore and totally foolish
Old 11-24-2011

What's foolish is the lack of educated comments about this protest. Many of the people that you guys are calling squatters have well paying jobs. They are trying to prove their point and because people don't agree doesn't make it wrong. Shame on all who are judging and commenting without knowing facts!!
Old 11-26-2011
Member (100 to 500 posts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by livkat View Post
What's foolish is the lack of educated comments about this protest. Many of the people that you guys are calling squatters have well paying jobs. They are trying to prove their point and because people don't agree doesn't make it wrong. Shame on all who are judging and commenting without knowing facts!!
What's foolish is what they are doing to that public park. It's destroyed thanks to them. Good job fools. Now the tax dollars have to pay to have it fixed. People haven't been able to enjoy it at all because they have been squatting their making it look like a poor-man's neighbourhood.
Old 11-26-2011

When Saint John's homeless, bums, even the old drunks (there are still a few regulars around), lay in king square to sleep, or anywhere else for that matter.....cops get called and they are removed, and those people do not do any damage.......my opinion is to make them leave kick their butts out......its a park.....not a friggin flophouse like they are trying to turn it into...........i don't care what they claim their protesting against, this city should get with and and show them the door.....im sick of it.
Old 12-14-2011
Member (100 to 500 posts)

Well the tents are all gone. They had asked the City of Saint John to PROVIDE them with bathroom and power.. and well obviously the city said no. So they packed up and left. Finally. What a mess they have left. Will they come back in the coming weeks and months and lay new sod and help clean the square up? I highly doubt it.
Old 12-22-2011

I do understand the message, contrary to what llvkat posted, however I have never relied on the government or the "system" to provide for me...
there are jobs out there...they may not pay what you think you deserve but you can make a pay cheque and you do not have to destroy public property to get it.
Old 12-22-2011

Point proven, that is not what the Occupy protest was about crystal. It has nothing to do with the "system" or government funding. All over there were people who were doctors and lawyers , people with jobs protesting over bigger money hungry corporations shutting down the little guy.