Apple Picking General: Info & Help

i SJ: Saint John, New Brunswick  Shopping, Classifieds, Jobs, Real Estate & Rentals, Discussion, Deals, Flyers, + more!

Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online!
Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online! See all recent posts Post a new ad / message Enhanced Features  Helpdesk
Business Advertising Sign-Up (Free!) Search
iSaintJohn Home Forums Home Contact Us Site Rules Terms of Use Privacy Statement

Visit the upgraded front page of iSJ for more info!

Free Saint John Visitor's Guide

Search the web:

Go Back   Saint John Classifieds & Forums > General & Local Discussion > General: Info & Help

Old 10-05-2008
Member (100 to 500 posts)

Default Topic: Donation??

Donation??

Does anyone know of any groups that collect bottles for redemption as a fundraiser? I have a couple of garbage bags of pop bottles that I'd love to donate. If there is no one who collects them, I'll redeem them myself and drop the few cents in a collection bottle somewhere.

Also, where can I donate food items? Do you just drop them off directly at the food banks? Do they have set hours they accept donations?

s
Old 10-05-2008
Long-Time Member (500+ posts)

donations

I know this time of year there are usually various drop off spots for food items. I know in Rothesay, the shell station at the top of the Marr Road takes them. You could always collect them and give them at the Santa Claus parade next month. Cadets collected bottles, but I don't know if they still do. The KV old boys in KV collect them and all the money is donated to charity.
Old 10-06-2008
Member (100 to 500 posts)

Send a message via MSN to andrea Send a message via Yahoo to andrea

if u drop them off to me,,,i will take them in and donate the money to the ben bridges change drive,,at glen falls...
he is a little guy who is in t.o waiting for a heart transplant....or maybe just drop em off at school..pm me,..if u like
Old 10-07-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marigold View Post
Does anyone know of any groups that collect bottles for redemption as a fundraiser? I have a couple of garbage bags of pop bottles that I'd love to donate. If there is no one who collects them, I'll redeem them myself and drop the few cents in a collection bottle somewhere.

Also, where can I donate food items? Do you just drop them off directly at the food banks? Do they have set hours they accept donations?

s

i know the cubs an scout groups used to do bottle drives when i was in them like 10 years ago lol, i used to go to the st marks church scouts on the west side. If you live around there you may be able to drop them off.
Old 10-07-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea View Post
if u drop them off to me,,,i will take them in and donate the money to the ben bridges change drive,,at glen falls...
he is a little guy who is in t.o waiting for a heart transplant....or maybe just drop em off at school..pm me,..if u like
Yes that would be very nice. He and his brother are friends to my daughter. Such a shame. We are praying they find a heart for him and soon.