WoW PVE server with locals Games & Hobbies

i SJ: Saint John, New Brunswick  Shopping, Classifieds, Jobs, Real Estate & Rentals, Discussion, Deals, Flyers, + more!

Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online!
Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online! See all recent posts Post a new ad / message Enhanced Features  Helpdesk
Business Advertising Sign-Up (Free!) Search
iSaintJohn Home Forums Home Contact Us Site Rules Terms of Use Privacy Statement

Visit the upgraded front page of iSJ for more info!

Free Saint John Visitor's Guide

Search the web:

Go Back   Saint John Classifieds & Forums > Other Discussion > Games & Hobbies

Old 05-31-2008
Member (100 to 500 posts)

Default Topic: WoW PVE server with locals

WoW PVE server with locals

Is there any PVE servers with guilds on Alliance side that has a lot of locals from our area in it? My wife (70 frost mage) myself (70 holy priest) and her stepfather (70 holy pally) are looking to transfer, we're currently on Kargath. My wife's mage and my holy priest are well geared and her stepfather is getting geared fast. Does any such guild/server exist? I thought there was one at one point in time but now I forget which server it was...
Old 05-31-2008
Long-Time Member (500+ posts)

Pve servers?

Did you mean PvP?
Old 05-31-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureChief88 View Post
Pve servers?

Did you mean PvP?
Player versus environment. he meant pve.
Old 05-31-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by donteatrawpotatoes View Post
Player versus environment. he meant pve.
Indeed, I did. AKA 'Normal' servers as described on some sites.
Old 06-01-2008

Hmm i play wow all the time.. and never noticed these..ill have to check it out.

Are they like RP servers? And what is the diff between RP.. and RPPVP

Sorry to highjack
Old 06-01-2008

Quote:
Hmm i play wow all the time.. and never noticed these..ill have to check it out.

Are they like RP servers? And what is the diff between RP.. and RPPVP

Sorry to highjack
Lol, rppvp would be a pvp server where roleplaying is encouraged.

pve are like rp, but you don't have to roleplay
Old 06-01-2008

PVP = Player Vs Player... you're flagged, all of the time. You can get ganked anywhere by the opposite faction. RPPVP is the same but you have to role play as well. PVE is Player Vs Environment. You only fight the opposite faction if you choose to and they do as well. In all cases, you still fight the mobs in the environment.
Old 06-01-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew_scott View Post
PVP = Player Vs Player... you're flagged, all of the time. You can get ganked anywhere by the opposite faction. RPPVP is the same but you have to role play as well. PVE is Player Vs Environment. You only fight the opposite faction if you choose to and they do as well. In all cases, you still fight the mobs in the environment.
Your not flagged in your own faction's territory.

Old 06-01-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew_scott View Post
So you fight themobs..PLUS the players?

I am WAY confused now! lol

all of my characters are on RP. I have 1 or 2 on PVP.. but i dont play them much. I know if you are horde you are safe in horde territory.. and same with alliance.... But i never knew what rppvp was..I didnt even know about PVE.
LOL
I guess i suck.
Old 06-02-2008

If they or you choose to fight them yes. If you type /pvp on an rp server, you are pvp toggled. That means that anyone on the opposite faction can attack you wherever you are.

But you are only forced toggled on an rp / pve server when you as alliance would go to a horde city (ie undercity)

On any server with the name pvp in it, if you are in contested or opposite faction territory, you are pvp toggled. Which is some times no fun when you have level 70s in season 3 coming at you at level 35... but they'll get theirs
Old 06-02-2008

I love getting ganked then having my 70 friends come and help me.. they get scared right off.. LOL

I knew about the toggling.. but its only for like 10 mins isint it?

I think wow rocks
Old 06-02-2008

Quote:
I love getting ganked then having my 70 friends come and help me.. they get scared right off.. LOL

I knew about the toggling.. but its only for like 10 mins isint it?

I think wow rocks
If you're inactive , it is only enabled for 5- 10 minutes... I've been playing since it came out off and on, and I am in love. If it were a person I would marry it. Though I do consider myself a casual player o.0 I play wow like most people watch tv I guess, for a few hours a night, some times not at all, but I really really enjoy it
Old 06-02-2008

I do as well. Most of my characters are on an RP server tho. My highest now is a Holy specced Human Pally. I love her! She is 46 i believe. But we have been playing group for everything the whole time therefore share all the XP. but dont you find.. you go for the longest time.. and love it, and then you just get off it for a while. Like for about a month or 2 i couldnt even bring myself to play it. Now i am right back in..LOL
Old 06-03-2008

Yep, the burn out factor it's called. Happens with me a few times a year. It's a very addicting game but it just.. gets dull for a while. I've been playing for about 3 years. We transferred to Llane today, found out some local friends of ours play on there. Anybody else on Llane? (Alliance side)
Old 06-03-2008

I play horde side now, pvp! I Love pvp too much to go back. I rolled like 12 toons on Argent Dawn forever ago, got the first to 60, and actually stayed mostly with her. I haven't played her for ages, but she's still my favorite. That was so long ago
Old 06-03-2008

LOL
Thats like mine. My human pally. I agree.. Horde is much better than alliance. Depends on your server too. But i find people that play horde a bit more mature for the most part. I havent really got into pvp yet. I have a few on blackrock and blackwater raiders.

My main is on Steemwheedle Cartel. Yay.. My bf and i play together all the time. He is a 46 rogue. Human as well.
Old 06-03-2008

We play on Quel Dorei. All adults in my guild. Finially got our 1st 70, and have two 60's coming up fast.

For the Horde! (tehheheheheh)