McDonalds out of cups! General: Discussion

i SJ: Saint John, New Brunswick  Shopping, Classifieds, Jobs, Real Estate & Rentals, Discussion, Deals, Flyers, + more!

Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online!
Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online! See all recent posts Post a new ad / message Enhanced Features  Helpdesk
Business Advertising Sign-Up (Free!) Search
iSaintJohn Home Forums Home Contact Us Site Rules Terms of Use Privacy Statement

Visit the upgraded front page of iSJ for more info!

Free Saint John Visitor's Guide

Search the web:

Go Back   Saint John Classifieds & Forums > General & Local Discussion > General: Discussion

Old 06-03-2009
**Silver-Level** Paid Account

Default Topic: McDonalds out of cups!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila_1980 View Post
Is flat fountain pop even worth a $1?? Who would go specifically to McD's JUST to buy a fountain pop? YUCK
Well, you know, some people need to go someplace special for their first date. Nothin' says lovin' quite like frugality...
Old 06-03-2009
Member (100 to 500 posts)

McDonald's and a gravel pit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity View Post
Well, you know, some people need to go someplace special for their first date. Nothin' says lovin' quite like frugality...
Old 06-03-2009
Long-Time Member (500+ posts)

LoL.............................
Old 06-03-2009

Good news everyone........Lg cups are in!
Old 06-03-2009

Well finally. We can lower the national threat level.
Old 06-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaj27 View Post
Well finally. We can lower the national threat level.
Don't go putting the cart before the horse kaj27......If we let our guard down for even a second, McDonalds is sure to see our gesture of good faith as a weakness, and another shortage of large, and possibly medium cups is sure to follow! Have you gone completely mad kaj27? or are you a double agent working for McDonald's against our great nation?
Old 06-03-2009

KGB wil....I mean McDonald's will ask the questions!
Old 06-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaj27 View Post
KGB wil....I mean McDonald's will ask the questions!
lol............................
Old 06-08-2009

I was at McDonalds in the North End on Sunday evening andmthey were out of Cheese!

Imagine, out of cheese slices? LOL. I had asked for a double cheeseburger and the guy said, "I'm sorry, but we are out of cheese"!!!

Yes, I did laugh out loud.
Old 06-08-2009
**Silver-Level** Paid Account

You know, when I used to work at a particular local hotel, if we or another hotel in our chain were out of an item, could be folio paper, could be electronic key cards, maybe we were short of cots, could be we were short a few dozen wine glasses etc for a larger than usual function, we got on the phone and we would loan each other the needed items by way of taxi, Acadian Bus lines, or some supervisor driving up to pick up the item. You mean to tell me McD's north could NOT have phoned one of their other franchises and had a carton shipped over by taxi? Sure they could. Lame, lame, lame. I'm glad I don't eat there any more.
Old 06-09-2009

Please by no means am I knocking down the point of this thread because I am just as irritated as everyone else when I go somewhere and order something and they say sorry we're out. Especially when it's a promotion or when the restaurant is based on a particular food (example chicken lol) and they say sorry we have none.

But..

This thread reminds me of the news story that happened not too long ago, about the lady who went into a McDonald's and called 911 because there were no chicken mcnuggets and they wouldn't give her her money back. lol The story and the 911 call ..... http://www.inquisitr.com/19230/mcdonalds-911-call/
Old 06-09-2009

by the time I get around to going to rotten ronnies again the great deal will be over ;-(
Old 06-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity View Post
You know, when I used to work at a particular local hotel, if we or another hotel in our chain were out of an item, could be folio paper, could be electronic key cards, maybe we were short of cots, could be we were short a few dozen wine glasses etc for a larger than usual function, we got on the phone and we would loan each other the needed items by way of taxi, Acadian Bus lines, or some supervisor driving up to pick up the item. You mean to tell me McD's north could NOT have phoned one of their other franchises and had a carton shipped over by taxi? Sure they could. Lame, lame, lame. I'm glad I don't eat there any more.
All of the stores in Saint John and Rothesay/Quispam are owned by one man. I can almost assure you that they would have called around to find if they could borrow cups. It's been done, it's done and it will be done.

If a store only has 3 sleeves of cups left they aren't going to loan any out.

For someone who use to work in a Customer Service setting you'd figure you'd have more respect for the work these people do.

Guess not everyone walks away with experience that helps them.
Old 06-10-2009

McDonalds west is out of Lg cups once again! Wake Up people.....It's time to take action! I am organizing a protest march on Monday, June 15, 2009. We will meet at the North end McDonalds location at noon ,and march in vast numbers to city hall, where I will lead everyone into the food hall. At that point we will pillage all large and extra large cups from all the fast food restraunts in and around the surrounding area. We will then proceed to take them and throw them into the harbour to send a message that "We are not fooling around!" People may also bring cheese to throw into the harbour if they would like........Keep the faith and I will see you all on Monday (rain or shine).
Old 06-10-2009
Member (< 100 posts)

Just a suggestion.... but a McDonald's largest size cup is what.. 32 oz? Why can't people buy their own reuseable 32oz cup and just bring it to McDonalds and have them fill that. That way McDonalds wins as it cuts the cost from like 30 cents to maybe 10 cents... and we win as we can always get our caffine/sugar fix! If they refuse, well then it is war.

Last edited by drmike; 06-10-2009 at 08:29 AM..