Commercials! Arts & Entertainment

i SJ: Saint John, New Brunswick  Shopping, Classifieds, Jobs, Real Estate & Rentals, Discussion, Deals, Flyers, + more!

Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online!
Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online! See all recent posts Post a new ad / message Enhanced Features  Helpdesk
Business Advertising Sign-Up (Free!) Search
iSaintJohn Home Forums Home Contact Us Site Rules Terms of Use Privacy Statement

Visit the upgraded front page of iSJ for more info!

Free Saint John Visitor's Guide

Search the web:

Go Back   Saint John Classifieds & Forums > Other Discussion > Arts & Entertainment

Old 04-26-2009
Long-Time Member (500+ posts)

Default Topic: Commercials!

Commercials!

What ones do you like and which ones do you hate?

I CANNOT stand the Rogers commercial with that chick with the glasses and her husband where they're hooking up the HD and she's like" ha look you just plug it in. Good job honey." "He's soooo...........handy." and then rolls her eyes.

EWWWWWWW GRRRRRRR. I don't think I have ever hated a commercial as much. It doesn't seem to matter what channel you are on, and it is on every commercial break. I change the channel to get away from it, and it's on the channel I change it to soon as the commercial break hits. It's driving me MAD!!! lol It has been like this for months and months now, wish they'd take that one off. They have 2 others for the same purpose anyways!!

There are all kinds of good and funny ones, but this one ALWAYS stuck with me. I seen it once and only once when I was a teenager and near peed my pants when I saw it on tv. Took me a long time to find it, but I finally did. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7brl9...eature=related
Old 04-27-2009

My favorite of all was the one where the grandfather was telling his grandson that women like men that know how to cook. The grandson asked him if that was why grandma married him and he said no. Of course the grandson then asked why she married him and the grandfather just looked at him in a funny manner and then the grandsons face light up and he said wooooo...... with a big smile on his face. No words needed to be spoken and it took a second for the grandson to understand why grandma had married grandpa. I don't even remember what was being advertised.

I hate any that talk about a womans period but the one in particular is the one where she has the dark cloud hanging in front of that certain area and another they say have a happy period. That must have been written by a man because all us women know there is no such thing. Just pkain stupid!!!!!
Old 04-27-2009

hahaa yea I remember the one you are talking about. That WAS cute!!!
Old 04-27-2009

One that drives me foolish advertises gum. A man is in the library and his lips start moving and singing "Thank you". Certainly doesnt make me want to go out and buy gum, lol. I love animal commercials, the one for toilet paper and the small puppy crashing into them, and the one with the puppy "working out" and "watching what he is eating" with the headband on his head, I think they are cute.
Old 04-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post
What ones do you like and which ones do you hate?

I CANNOT stand the Rogers commercial with that chick with the glasses
She's a lot of Canadian commercials.

Very annoying.
Old 04-27-2009
Member (100 to 500 posts)

There are 2 that I really hate.

The first one is of the little girl that is making awful breathing noises while eating rice krispies.

The other one is of the black business man eating (I forget what) and dictating to a younger assistant and spelling out something.

I will turn the tv off or change the channel until I think they are over.
Old 04-27-2009

lol kaj!! I have never noticed her on any other commercial!! Thank goodness. She may not be so bad in others though I dunno, but she drives me to wanna smack her everytime I see the rogers one!! lol Though that isn't helped by who ever decided to play it on every channel on every commercial break! I could probably handle it better if her mug wasn't on the tv every 10 minutes.
:P

Doesn't it work in the way that for example we'll use Rogers since it fits...do Rogers pay for each time that commercial is shown? Or do they pay so much to have it shown every so often? Is that how it works? If so, wish they would save some of their money , cut that commercial and stop charging so much for services!!!! =) :P That'd be nice, but it won't happen. You'll probably see me seek that girl out and slap her first hahaha
Old 04-27-2009

I love the Ellen Cover Girl commercial. She just makes me laugh.

The discovery channel's song is definitely up there.

I also really like that commercial that shows a woman on a bike and it's like 'this is a delivery truck, an ambulance, a school bus, water truck' or something like that. I wish I could remember, I was on my way out the door when I saw it. They donate bikes to people in Africa, and it makes me feel so good to know that people still care about others

Last edited by donteatrawpotatoes; 04-27-2009 at 05:52 PM..
Old 04-27-2009

The pampers commercial with the shots of different babies all in different stages of sleep. Melt's my heart every time!
Old 04-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by donteatrawpotatoes View Post
The discovery channel's song is definitely up there.
BOOM-DEE-YA-GAAAA...!!!!

I like a lot of commercials. But what I hate is when there is a good commercial on. Then after a few weeks, they'll cut it to make it 5-8 seconds shorter. I hate that knowing there was more. It upsets me more than a bad commercial, cuz the good ones I'll actually be like "oh, I haven't seen that in a whi...what the???"

Oh, and that rogers commercial with the girl "good job honey, he's so handy *eye's roll*" ticks me off. I pretty much hate any commercial that talks down to someone else in the commercial, be it men; women; ethnic groups; etc.

Oh, there was this commercial on about a year ago, have no idea what the tune was (but if someone knows the one I mean and can send me a you tube link I would love you forever), but it was advertising long distance or something. And it was this guy/guys rapping the whole thing and it had a bunch of beach scenes etc. I didn't exactly like it, buy my 6 month year old thought it was the best think since the bottle!
Old 04-27-2009

I really like the PC verses Mac commercials. this one is my favorite one:

http://movies.apple.com/movies/us/ap...15_480x272.mov
Old 04-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasis View Post
I really like the PC verses Mac commercials. this one is my favorite one:

http://movies.apple.com/movies/us/ap...15_480x272.mov
... SPEAKING of.... the new one with the bio hazard suit, I find to be terribly insensitive right given the current circumstances.
Old 04-27-2009

Quote:
... SPEAKING of.... the new one with the bio hazard suit, I find to be terribly insensitive right given the current circumstances.
havent seen it yet
Old 04-27-2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsHDb28_B6c

It's bad quality, but it's the first one I found.
Old 04-28-2009

Quote:

It's all in the timing. Chances are that one was shot at put out a few months ago. We are just getting it now. I am sure they did not do it to make fun of what is now happening. Chances are if they were just getting ready to release it, they would probably hold off because of the current Pandemic scare.
Old 04-28-2009

Here is a link to view all of the Mac commercials

http://www.apple.com/getamac/ads/
Old 04-28-2009

I don't have young children or grandchildren (yet) but there is one commercial that really bugs me and I hate it. It's the new buger king ad where someone sings "I love square butts" I think that sends an awful message to kids. What the devil does "butts" have to do with burgers? The song was longer and more explicit but they have cut the last 30 or 40 seconds. Maybe it's just the feminisim in me but I don't like the connotation of it. Sounds sexist.

Several years ago there was an ad for margerine where a baked potato jumps onto a serving fork because the margerine was gone. That was too funny but got cancelled after only a couple of weeks due to content. I don't know if anyone remembers it or not.

Suckiest ad of all time IMO was an ad that ran about 20 years ago for ring around the collar. It was so stupid. She should have told her husband to wash his filthy neck instead of worrying about ring around the collar. LOL
Old 04-28-2009

I don't think it's sexist, but it does P me off that they're selling sex to kids now.
Old 04-28-2009
Member (100 to 500 posts)

Quote:

I also really like that commercial that shows a woman on a bike and it's like 'this is a delivery truck, an ambulance, a school bus, water truck' or something like that. I wish I could remember, I was on my way out the door when I saw it. They donate bikes to people in Africa, and it makes me feel so good to know that people still care about others

That is a Cadbury commercial, I'm not sure of all the details but they are going to donate 5000 bikes over there as they do use them for everything possible. It is a great idea.
Old 04-28-2009

Another one I absolutely despise is the one where the girl and guy are riding on a 2 seater bike and she has real long hair under her arms that is blowing in the guys face sitting behind her. I hate it so much I can't even watch it to find out what they are advertising.