road status: Weather / Scenery Photos & Discussion

Saint John, New Brunswick  Shopping, Classifieds, Jobs, Real Estate & Rentals, Discussion, Deals, Flyers, + more!

Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online!
Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online! See all recent posts Post a new ad / message Enhanced Features  Helpdesk
Business Advertising Sign-Up (Free!) Search
iSaintJohn Home Forums Home Contact Us Site Rules Terms of Use Privacy Statement

Special iSJ Features: 
Shopping Mall
Links to dozens of sites
Online Flyers
Links to flyers for Sobeys, Superstore, Sears, drugstores, & many more retailers.
iSJ Paid Advertising
It's easy, effective, & affordable. Reach thousands of people for as little as $4.99 per week!

21st Century Resumes - Your dream job is our goal! Resume writing services + iSJ Special: FREE Cover letter! Click for details & web site

Search the web:

Go Back   Saint John Classifieds & Forums > General & Local Discussion > Weather / Scenery Photos & Discussion

Old 03-01-2008
Long-Time Member (500+ posts)

Default Topic: road status:

looks bad out there. anyone been out lately?
Old 03-01-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan j View Post
looks bad out there. anyone been out lately?
Yup drove to work stay off roads if you can lots of snow coming our way
Old 03-01-2008
Member (100 to 500 posts)

they are a mess!Very slippery,,,even highway!
Old 03-01-2008
**Silver-Level** Paid Account

Anyone know about the buses? People at work want to know.
Old 03-01-2008

I know my work is booking the attached hotel for peopel that dont want to drive home. I unfortunately have to drive home..

I would def like a nice dip in the pool! lol

Anyone been out recently? I am not off for another 2 and a half hours!
Old 03-01-2008
**Bronze-Level** Paid Account

I just came in and there is a lot of people that are slipping and sliding all over the place. Many vehicles are getting stuck, and I don't think the plows have been out that much, as of yet anyway. It is definitely one of those storms that if you don't need to be than don't and if you do you had better hope you have a good set of winter tires on. Good luck to everyone out there and drive safe!
Old 03-01-2008

I have Brand New 3 month old winters on.. I shold be ok.. But i hate driving in this stuff.. Especially when other people on the road DONT have good winter tires!
Old 03-01-2008

Um yeah, two thumbs down to the absolute MORON who decided to double park on Duke St in the middle of the worst of the snowstorm, kitty-corner to a car that was illegally parked on the wrong side of the street and LEAVE his running car, causing me to have to weave extra carefully between them, I got stuck and had to BACK down the street, back to Pitt St. As if the uptown streets aren't already narrow enough by design and previous snow buildup, I have to contend with two cars parked side-by-side with a third car parked just behind them on the other side of the street. Guess I should count my blessings that I didn't slide into either one of them.

Last edited by trinity; 03-01-2008 at 07:58 PM..
Old 03-01-2008
**Bronze-Level** Paid Account

Drive careful!

Not too bad if you take your time... I was just over west side and back.
The main streets are fair & mostly plowed, but intersections are real greasy.

Then to top it off with a couple hours of rain overnight on top of the snow, turns back to freezing tomorrow night will make for a nice sidewalk for Monday At least the kids will have a good snow layer for march break fun

With relationships, as with so many aspects of life, honesty is undoubtedly the best policy
Old 03-01-2008

Now that it's plowed somewhat, it's not so bad. I was coming home right during the worst part, before anything much was plowed.
It just really annoyed me that someone would be so thoughtless in the middle of an unplowed street, during a blizzard, to double park right across from an illegally parked car, then exit their vehicle so there is not even an option to ask the driver to move, and make an already narrowed, slippery street even more dangerous. I imagine the car that was parked on the wrong side was one that the owner had not moved since the 29th, probably forgot that it was the 1st and that parking switched sides last night.
Old 03-04-2008

Tomorrow should be messy.

Using my scientific gut feeling I am actually going to call this storm a dud and probably won't be that bad. Remember, it's scientific!
Old 03-04-2008

Quote:
An extended period of freezing rain on Wednesday.

On Wednesday a warm frontal trough associated with an area of low pressure approaching the Maritimes will spread a mixed bag of precipitation across New Brunswick. Initially snow will develop well ahead of the front overnight tonight in the south reaching northern areas Wednesday morning. The snow will change to freezing rain and ice pellets from south to north..And eventually to rain during the day Wednesday across the southern half of the province. The extreme northwest will see a combination of snow and ice pellets where up to 15 centimetres of accumulation is anticipated. 4 to 6 hours of freezing rain is expected within the warning zone which could make roadways..Especially side streets..Slippery. Motorists are urged to exercise caution.

Better safe than dead. I'm just staying home.
Old 03-05-2008

Drive from West to Millidgeville around 12:30-1:00 was not too bad. A little slippery here and there was about it.
Old 03-05-2008

Highway coming east to north is really wet and slippery...
Old 03-28-2008

Very slippery tonight!

Watch it, cars everywhere are going 20-30 km/h, it is bad in spots. I slid a LOT coming from east to uptown. I came within inches of sliding into a parked car again, and I was going less than 20 at the time.