!!!Sea Dogs!!! Sports & Activities

i SJ: Saint John, New Brunswick  Shopping, Classifieds, Jobs, Real Estate & Rentals, Discussion, Deals, Flyers, + more!

Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online!
Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online! See all recent posts Post a new ad / message Enhanced Features  Helpdesk
Business Advertising Sign-Up (Free!) Search
iSaintJohn Home Forums Home Contact Us Site Rules Terms of Use Privacy Statement

Visit the upgraded front page of iSJ for more info!

Free Saint John Visitor's Guide

Search the web:

Go Back   Saint John Classifieds & Forums > Other Discussion > Sports & Activities

Old 04-27-2010
Member (100 to 500 posts)

Thumbs up Topic: !!!Sea Dogs!!!

!!!Sea Dogs!!!

Ok, so here's what I have to say:

#1 - Support your Saint John Sea Dogs this weekend!!! It was a pretty sad turnout at last night's game, and I was not impressed!

#2 - I think the tickets for round 4 home games should go on sale with no phone or online orders taken for the first day, so Saint John has a chance to get them before Moncton has a chance to get their seats.

!!!GO SEA DOGS!!!
Old 04-27-2010

Default Topic: !!!Sea Dogs!!!

Have they announced the game schedule yet? LETS GO SEA DOGS!!
Old 04-27-2010

I believe the first two games will be this Friday and Saturday, here in Saint John. After that, well there is a problem...

Moncton wants to alternate after each game because of building availability issues at the Moncton Coliseum. Because we have home ice advantage, we may have to end up playing in Halifax if we want to keep our home ice advantage.

We'll see how it plays out. I am sure the QMJHL will come up with something that both teams will be happy with.

Either way, it will be an amazing fight to the finish between Cats & Dogs
Old 04-27-2010

First game is Friday evening at the Station, then back to Mtn for the 2nd game.
Check out there web site, tickets will sell out quick just because Mtn will buy up a big area just for them. It will be exciting just the same
Let,s Go SeaDogs
Old 04-28-2010

game 1 is sold out and game 3 is close to it.
Old 04-28-2010

I am so happy that Friday night's game is already sold out, and Tuesday is not far behind! I was able to get tickets to both games, but it wasn't easy!!! I got mine online...but I have to keep refreshing the page.

I still can't understand why there isn't more interest in the games, not just the Saint John - Moncton games. I was so sad to see such low attendance on Monday...why isn't Saint John more supportive of our Sea Dogs?

Win or loose...I will still support them. Our boys had a great season!
Old 04-28-2010

game 3 is also sold out selling out shortly after 4pm!

all fans are encouraged to wear white!! 5,000 shirts will be handed out friday night.

krista i am too disappointed in the attendance but this is the way saint john has always been dating back to the flames. they had okay attendance (4000 wise) through the first few rounds then the finals come and the whole city gets on board, its kind of sad really. support them all year, or dont support them at all.
Old 04-29-2010

Does anybody know if the games will be on tv?
Old 04-30-2010

I don't think the games will be on T.V.
I do know that 89.9 ( I think ) will have the game on the radio....It's not too bad sittin' in your car at timmies listening to the game with some friends.....I usually do that when we play away games

I will be one of the thousands attending at Harbour Station tonight...and I am very EXCITED!!!

!!!GO SEA DOGS!!!
Old 04-30-2010
Long-Time Member (500+ posts)

I can't believe the prices people are asking for tickets Glad I have mine for both games!! My daughter won Irving Oil Fan of the night Tuesday, so she is all riled up for tonights game! lol Go Dogs Go!!!
Old 04-30-2010

games 2 and 4 from moncton will be on rogers channel 10.

i know someone who couldnt attend tonight and had someone offer $50 for their ticket!!! wow... just imagine how much the prices will be if (when) the 2012 memorial cup is awarded to saint john. cant wait for tonight should be fun!
Old 04-30-2010

games 2 and 4 from moncton will be on rogers channel 10.

i know someone who couldnt attend tonight and had someone offer $50 for their ticket!!! wow... just imagine how much the prices will be if (when) the 2012 memorial cup is awarded to saint john. cant wait for tonight should be fun!
Old 05-03-2010

What an embarassing display of unsportsmanship Sunday on the Sea Dogs behalf...
Old 05-03-2010

embarassing? you mean the moncton fans littering our bench with garbage and bottles? they gave them some of their own medicine after they started littering the bench with garabage by giving them a little shower with some water, no big deal.
Old 05-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripekv View Post
embarassing? you mean the moncton fans littering our bench with garbage and bottles? they gave them some of their own medicine after they started littering the bench with garabage by giving them a little shower with some water, no big deal.
I wasn't there, but heard that Hoffman started spraying some Moncton fans after they ran their mouth to the Sea Dogs bench. Either way, maintain your cool!
I saw some of the Sea Dogs mouthing off to Moncton fans and I was not impressed! I am not saying that what the Moncton fans were doing was right, but I don't feel that the Sea Dogs should have reacted at all to them. Ignore them. If you can't take a little trash talk from the opposing teams fans, work harder to prove them wrong...don't spray them with water. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen!
As for the coach and his embarassing display, that was just wrong! There are kids there, what kind of example is he setting?
This just turned into a playoff event that I lost interest in very quickly. Not because of the score, but because of the actions of the players and staff.
Old 05-03-2010

Krista when saying the players should keep their cool , remember they are kids themselves. The fans in the bleachers were probably adults acting real mature. And harbour station was littered friday night with torn t shirts and posters and such, done on behalf oof the wildcats. Also the players dressing rooms were left a disaster!
On another note, Harbour Station released more tickets today for tomorrow nights game.
Old 05-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by livkat View Post
Krista when saying the players should keep their cool , remember they are kids themselves. The fans in the bleachers were probably adults acting real mature. And harbour station was littered friday night with torn t shirts and posters and such, done on behalf oof the wildcats. Also the players dressing rooms were left a disaster!
On another note, Harbour Station released more tickets today for tomorrow nights game.
You are absoutely right...they are kids, but at that age I still knew the difference from right and wrong. I couldn't help but be disappointed in them and their coach. They are my team, and I expect better from them. And like I said, I am not saying that the Moncton fans were right either. I was at the game Friday night and was disgusted by a few of them! Throwing torn shirts over the balcony...it was pathetic! Imagine if they hit a senior in the head with one of those shirts while they were walking down the stairs...knocking them off balance. I kept my mouth shut Friday night because I didn't want to cause a scene...but you can be sure I won't do the same tomorrow night!
Old 05-03-2010

what the sea dogs coach did was nothing..ive been in many a minor hockey rinks and have seen parents and coaches act worse then this. it is major junior hockey, a stepping stone to the nhl, it is a multi million dollar company, coaches act like that to rally their troops and get them going. you can be sure all hell could break loose tomorrow night.

and if you watch the nhl, if a fan starts littering theopposing teams bench with garbage (not to mention hitting the assistant coach with a pop bottle, and throwing glass beer bottles [thought they dindt sell glass beer bottles there?] you can be sure they're going to turn around and give those fans a piece of their mind. spraying opposing fans who litter your bench with garbage and potentially dangerous objects is nothing. it is a high emotion game and emotions were definitely running high, i can tell you my team mates or coaches were getting pelted with debris i wouldnt sit back on my hands and just watch them. and i can tell you it was all adults who were doing this to the sea dogs. now who is embarassing?

check out some of the rinks in Quebec, this is mediocre compared to as what goes on there.
Old 05-06-2010

Wonder how fast tickets will sell out this morning?? I think the online ordering is stupid because you can't pick your seats!!
Old 05-06-2010
Member (< 100 posts)

The online service is down, and I tried calling and they told me its sold out already.