RC cars Games & Hobbies

i SJ: Saint John, New Brunswick  Shopping, Classifieds, Jobs, Real Estate & Rentals, Discussion, Deals, Flyers, + more!

Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online!
Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online! See all recent posts Post a new ad / message Enhanced Features  Helpdesk
Business Advertising Sign-Up (Free!) Search
iSaintJohn Home Forums Home Contact Us Site Rules Terms of Use Privacy Statement

Visit the upgraded front page of iSJ for more info!

Free Saint John Visitor's Guide

Search the web:

Go Back   Saint John Classifieds & Forums > Other Discussion > Games & Hobbies

Old 08-08-2007
Member (100 to 500 posts)

Default Topic: RC cars

RC cars

My son is interested in RC cars, not the cheap ones form Toys R Us, have been out to the hobbie shop in Quispamsis but not a lot of help, anyone know of any clubs or someone that can provide more info?
Old 08-09-2007

I have rc monster trucks i never heard of any club here in the city.I no there is one in moncton
Old 09-14-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by brodon38 View Post
My son is interested in RC cars, not the cheap ones form Toys R Us, have been out to the hobbie shop in Quispamsis but not a lot of help, anyone know of any clubs or someone that can provide more info?
I have a few rc electric and gas trucks. Plus planes, helis, boat (goes 40 mph ) rock crawler, sail boat. Not the cheap ones the gas truck cost $700.00 and the boat was $500.00 just don't tell my wife
This is the truck I have and some of my friends have the same truck we are making a track over east where I live.

http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/858.html

What questions do you have.
Old 09-15-2007

We started with a Traxxas Rustler electric, thinking of Gas but been told they are sometimes difficult to tune & alot of maintenance etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILiveOnEarth View Post
I have a few rc electric and gas trucks. Plus planes, helis, boat (goes 40 mph ) rock crawler, sail boat. Not the cheap ones the gas truck cost $700.00 and the boat was $500.00 just don't tell my wife
This is the truck I have and some of my friends have the same truck we are making a track over east where I live.

Old 09-18-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by brodon38 View Post
We started with a Traxxas Rustler electric, thinking of Gas but been told they are sometimes difficult to tune & alot of maintenance etc.
If you get the right gas/nitro truck its not too bad on the maintenance part. It also depends on how hard you drive it. If you beat the crap out of it they ya stuff will break but if you drive it half normal then it will be ok. I have a Savage X and I beat the crap out of it and it holds up perfect really fast and tough truck.
Old 09-20-2007

Send a message via MSN to tigersvain

i'm also into rc cars/trucks/planes/boats... you name it. i just finished my project not to long ago, its my first somewhat expensive rc car. its a tamiya TT-01 heres some pics.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

lol that after math from hitting the concrete beam in the underground parking lot

I wanna get into some off road rc trucks though, if you guys know anyone selling there truck for cheap pm me
Old 11-21-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILiveOnEarth View Post

I have a savage25 as well. I haven't used it in a while since we could never find a place to run regularly. I even went to the city to get help with building a track. The RC plane guys have a spot on the old landfill and it would be cool to have one there, but the city wasn't very responsive. Typical....

Are you building the track on your own property? I ask because whoever owns it better have insurance for such a thing. If someone comes to use it and gets hurt, the owner is liable.

You can get insurance from the http://www.maac.ca/ however.

I'd be interested in the track. It would give me a reason to dust off my savage.
Old 06-06-2008

does anyone know of road courses for r/c cars, or off roading tracks for the trucks around here? or even someone that sells that parts :S , i got a tamiya tt-01 and it sits and collects dust cause theres noone else to play with around here.
Old 07-11-2008

We are building an off road track. Check it out behind Defiazo autobody just up from Stirlings apples on Rotheasy ave.
Old 07-11-2008

wicked!!! i might have to transform my drifter into a rally car instead.
Old 09-02-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCfan View Post
We are building an off road track. Check it out behind Defiazo autobody just up from Stirlings apples on Rotheasy ave.
Is the track up and running?
What are the details?
Is there a cost, can we just show up and start using it?
Are there certain days/times?
Old 09-14-2008

well we did not get enough help or time to work on it this year.
Old 10-10-2008

that's unfortunate. You might have more luck if you were to advertise it in the paper and on boards etc.

There are quite a few around here into them, but it isn't organized.