Wisdom teeth :: Saint John, NB - Health & Wellness

Saint John, New Brunswick  Shopping, Classifieds, Jobs, Real Estate & Rentals, Discussion, Deals, Flyers, + more!

Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online!
Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online! See all recent posts Post a new ad / message Enhanced Features  Helpdesk
Business Advertising Sign-Up (Free!) Search
iSaintJohn Home Forums Home Contact Us Site Rules Terms of Use Privacy Statement

Special iSJ Features: 
Shopping Mall
Links to dozens of sites
Online Flyers
Links to flyers for Sobeys, Superstore, Sears, drugstores, & many more retailers.
iSJ Paid Advertising
It's easy, effective, & affordable. Reach thousands of people for as little as $5.55 per week!
Search the web:

Featured Advertiser:

Naturally for Life - the eco store (NOW OPEN)! We offer an excellent selection of eco-friendly and fair-trade products, knowledge, and superior customer service!

Advertise Here

Go Back   Saint John Classifieds & Forums > Other Discussion > Health & Wellness

Old 05-07-2009
Member (100 to 500 posts)

Default Topic: Wisdom teeth

Wisdom teeth

I am going to the dentist tomorrow becasue one of my wisdom teeth is really bothering me. It's terrible pain. I was wondering if anyone has had problems with theirs and had to get them pulled or anything? I know they are going to tell me I need it out and I am terrified! I have never had anything done to my teeth.
Old 05-07-2009

I had mine out about 17 years ago or so, and I had no problems, my hubby had his out 3 years ago and he had no problems.
Old 05-07-2009

All four of mine are impacted. One has to be removed under the knife. The others are just a local.

Yay!
Old 05-07-2009

When I had mine removed, the top ones had to be detached from my jaw.(had stiches on the top) I had a great dentist, had a fair amount of pain, (the first couple of days)however I was given pain medication which helped.(a lot!!) It looked worse because my face was swollen after and I had 2 black eyes. After a few days I was back to my ole' self!

Last edited by Jilly-Bean; 05-07-2009 at 07:55 PM..
Old 05-07-2009

I had mine removed years ago, took a week off work expecting to be swollen and black and blue but I was ready to go back to work the next day with only minimal swelling and minor bruising on one cheek easily concealed with makeup. I hardly even took the Tylenol 3's.
Old 05-08-2009

I went to the dentist today and they will be coming out next month! I was put on a antibotic becasue the tooth is infected. She said I might as well get them all out!
Old 05-09-2009
Long-Time Member (500+ posts)

OUCH!

I am in my early 30's and I have only had 2 come in. One back in 05 and one is in now, both on top. I had the first one pulled. Started to bother me after a few months of being there. I took the afternoon off and was back to work the next morning. The one I have now, it's starting to bother my cheek, this one feels like it's all the way thru..and it has actually pushed my other teeth over, which is sort of correcting a fang I have. I love my fang lol and it's bringing it down to the level of my other teeth which is cool cuz it was up further...., but before it starts to make it look bad I need to have it out. It gives me some nasty headaches too from moving my teeth!! I am just procrastinating, cuz it does hurt like a B**** after it's out and once the tylenol 3 they give ya wears off ofcourse!!

Just keep telling yourself over and over...it'll be done and over with. Soon it will be and you'll be glad you just went and did it!! I do this and it works well, except for this time cuz it's not hurting yet, it's just annoying right now....so I am procrasinating :P
Old 05-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBeasley View Post
I had mine removed years ago, took a week off work expecting to be swollen and black and blue but I was ready to go back to work the next day with only minimal swelling and minor bruising on one cheek easily concealed with makeup. I hardly even took the Tylenol 3's.
Mrs. Beasly....did you get more than one tylenol 3 from the dentist or did you have to go to your doc??

I was only given one from my dentist. Tylenol usually doesn't work for me & I figured it wouldn't for my tooth but it did!! Thankfully!! But, when it wore off the pain was still pretty intense so I bumed one of my grand mother who luckily had one at the time and that stretched it out long enough to get thru the really sore part!!

I am not a pill taker, potency wears off if you take it too much, just thought I'd state that b4 I have 10 people calling me a pill head on here lol.

But, I will have to go eventually to have it done...so I am just wondering if u can ask the dentist for an extra tylenol 3 ( 2 in total) and explain my previous experience or if I would have to go to a doc for that..if so it takes 2 - 3 weeks to get into my doc!! Unless ofcourse I got the doc appointment b4 the dentist appointment, lol ,but the lil troll prob wouldn't do it for me that way either..... If she wouldn't do anything about a lump in my breast then my teeth are probably not a concern to her!!.....but I could try after hours clinic if you do have to go the doc route....

???

Thanks =)
Old 05-09-2009

Pumpkin, my dentist prescribed T3 for me. He actually called it in.I had to see my dentist several times over the course of the week due to several problems and I was always seen right away.
Old 05-09-2009

My dentist prescribed 10 or so tylenol 3 for me when I had my teeth out. It was Dr. Craft the orthodontist uptown. But my regular dentist has given me tylenol 3 after an extraction too. I didn't even ask, they just prescribed them.

They need not have bothered. I was taking percocet for my back at the time so I just took them for my mouth pain. T 3 does not seem to do much for pain for me.
Old 07-19-2009

So I had them out it had been about 5 days now and I am still in a fair amount of pain.Luckily he did give me prescription for tylenol 3s though. My face is still pretty bruised and around one eye is, it looks like I was in a fight lol.
Old 07-19-2009

probally pretty quiet are your place then .. j/k
Old 07-19-2009

lol Yes it is my Kids love the fact that for the last week I have not been able to talk a whole lot becasue it gets pretty painful lol
Old 07-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLLY View Post
lol Yes it is my Kids love the fact that for the last week I have not been able to talk a whole lot becasue it gets pretty painful lol
Applying an icepack to your face should help numb some of the pain, and help if there is any swelling left. I remember vividly having my wisdom teeth out, I was in pain for about 8 DAYS, but having all 4 pulled at once with just local freezing is a lot. My dentist gave me something stronger for the first 2 days, then it was T3's and advil together for the last couple of days.