have a fav hockey team ? Sports & Activities

i SJ: Saint John, New Brunswick  Shopping, Classifieds, Jobs, Real Estate & Rentals, Discussion, Deals, Flyers, + more!

Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online!
Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online! See all recent posts Post a new ad / message Enhanced Features  Helpdesk
Business Advertising Sign-Up (Free!) Search
iSaintJohn Home Forums Home Contact Us Site Rules Terms of Use Privacy Statement

Visit the upgraded front page of iSJ for more info!

Free Saint John Visitor's Guide

Search the web:

Go Back   Saint John Classifieds & Forums > Other Discussion > Sports & Activities

Old 07-11-2007
**Bronze-Level** Paid Account

Default Topic: have a fav hockey team ?

Pittsburgh!!!
Old 07-11-2007
Long-Time Member (500+ posts)

Always been a habs fan myself. Haven't paid much attention to hockey in the last few years though .
Old 07-12-2007
Member (< 100 posts)

I am a Toronto Maple Leafs fan myself.
Old 07-24-2007
New Member (< 10 posts)

HABS # 1 BABY!!! leafs # 34
Old 07-24-2007

Habs fan here also
Old 07-25-2007
Member (100 to 500 posts)

Montreal!

I am a died hard Habs fan for 21 years now. I am looking forward to them winning the cup in June of 2009. Thats my prediction as this team always wins a cup each decade and win the cup when ever they host the allstar game which is in Feb 2009 in Montreal

GO habs GO!!!

PS. My daughter who is not even 2 yet can say Habs and every time she sees the crest she says "Habs" and then Claps. Thats my little Girl. No leaf fans in my home!
Old 07-26-2007

lol thats funny
Old 07-27-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookiee View Post
I am a died hard Habs fan for 21 years now. I am looking forward to them winning the cup in June of 2009. Thats my prediction as this team always wins a cup each decade and win the cup when ever they host the allstar game which is in Feb 2009 in Montreal

GO habs GO!!!

PS. My daughter who is not even 2 yet can say Habs and every time she sees the crest she says "Habs" and then Claps. Thats my little Girl. No leaf fans in my home!
Glad to see someone is raising their child properly. If you were raising her to be a leaf fan, well in my opinion, that would be child abuse. hahaha

Goooooooooo Habs
Old 07-28-2007

My BF is a die-hard Flyers fan...Has been for years. We drove to New York last year to watch them play the Islanders and we named our son Derian for Derian Hatcher.
Old 08-06-2007
Long-Time Member (500+ posts)

Leafs all the way

Best team in the Leauge and the only canadian team that is guaranteed not to move south.
- has the most loyal fanbase wether they are losing or winning
- CBC's Hockey Night in Canada should be changed to Maple Leafs hockey on CBC cause the CBC shows Leafs games more than any other canadian team.
- Only team that when you go to an opposing teams arena there are more leafs fans than local fans.
-
Old 08-06-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawango View Post
Best team in the Leauge and the only canadian team that is guaranteed not to move south.
- CBC's Hockey Night in Canada should be changed to Maple Leafs hockey on CBC cause the CBC shows Leafs games more than any other canadian team.
- Only team that when you go to an opposing teams arena there are more leafs fans than local fans.
-

Sorry Bawango, you have your facts all wrong, especially the best team in the league rant. Can you say 1967? That is the last year the laffs won the cup.
Old 08-06-2007

Yeah i dislike the leafs. Habs didnt do anything in the free agent pool, so i guess Anaheim or Pitts
Old 08-07-2007

Habs didn't need to do anything in the free agent pool. They are going with what they have and a good strong farm system. Historically, free agents don't pan out to what they should be and the team that gets them usually doesn't win the cup.
Old 08-09-2007

are you blind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawango View Post
-
your facts are completly wrong. Have you ever watched other teams play besides the leafs? 1st, CBC only shows leaf games because there head office is out of Torornto.
Loyal? before the built the air canada Center, the seats where empty alot man. As for the habs, they have the record for most games sold out in seasons. They have sold out more then 80 games in a row and seats are full each night
Now your last statement "Only team that when you go to an opposing teams arena there are more leafs fans than local fans." Maybe in Ottawa..only. But they don't have more fans in Montreal, calagary, vancouver, Buffalo, NY, etc.

You leaf fans are all funny...lmao!! keep on dreaming leaf fans....

Sor
Old 08-27-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookiee View Post
your facts are completly wrong. Have you ever watched other teams play besides the leafs? 1st, CBC only shows leaf games because there head office is out of Torornto.
Loyal? before the built the air canada Center, the seats where empty alot man. As for the habs, they have the record for most games sold out in seasons. They have sold out more then 80 games in a row and seats are full each night
Now your last statement "Only team that when you go to an opposing teams arena there are more leafs fans than local fans." Maybe in Ottawa..only. But they don't have more fans in Montreal, calagary, vancouver, Buffalo, NY, etc.

You leaf fans are all funny...lmao!! keep on dreaming leaf fans....

Sor
Agreed 100 per cent. Habs are Canadas team. Always will be. Rds was starting to get higher ratings than CBC.
Old 03-07-2008

Go Leafs Go
Old 03-16-2008

Go Leafs Go
Old 03-17-2008

Quote: