McDonalds out of cups! General: Discussion

i SJ: Saint John, New Brunswick  Shopping, Classifieds, Jobs, Real Estate & Rentals, Discussion, Deals, Flyers, + more!

Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online!
Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online! See all recent posts Post a new ad / message Enhanced Features  Helpdesk
Business Advertising Sign-Up (Free!) Search
iSaintJohn Home Forums Home Contact Us Site Rules Terms of Use Privacy Statement

Visit the upgraded front page of iSJ for more info!

Free Saint John Visitor's Guide

Search the web:

Go Back   Saint John Classifieds & Forums > General & Local Discussion > General: Discussion

Old 06-01-2009
Long-Time Member (500+ posts)

Default Topic: McDonalds out of cups!

McDonalds out of cups!

So now that McDonalds is selling any size pop for $1.00, they are continously running out of their large cups. I went to four McDonalds (just to see after the first two that I visited told me that "they were all out"), and sure enough they were out of large cups aswell! I wanted a large pop and they could not accomadate my request. To me it's kind of like false advertising....they should of had pleanty of cups on hand if they were going to run a huge promotion like this one all summer. So my question is if they soon run out of Med cups......which is bound to happen, will it then be Small pop for a dollar. Is it just me that feels they didn't put enough thought into this promotion, or am I just getting too upset over not being able to purchase a large fountain pop fron McRotten Ronnies?

Last edited by T-Diddy; 06-01-2009 at 07:18 PM..
Old 06-01-2009

This might as well be merged with the Superstore thread. Stores run out of things, fact of life.
Old 06-01-2009

Yes stores certainly do run out of things, however when you put as much dollars into advertising as McDonalds did for this summertime event, did they actually think that people would be buying small and medium when the large is the same price (it's human nature...more for less)? You would think that the mastermind behind this promotion would have said...."We better stock up on the large size cups before start this one"! It's only common sense. It almost make you wonder if it is not being done purpously!
Old 06-01-2009
Member (100 to 500 posts)

in my opinion, it would be common sense to Not travel to 4 different Mcdonalds to pay a dollar for disgusting fountain poop (oops, i mean pop). If you wanted pop so bad why not use that time to get to a store and buy 2 litres of it. It may not be a dollar.. but you'd still be getting 'more for less'.

I'm so sick of fast food joints. They are pointless. You are handing over money to fill yourself up with fat and grease. WHY?
Old 06-01-2009

Call in the Reserves!!! It's a national emergency that people can't get 32 ounces of sugar and food colouring on demand!
Old 06-01-2009

:r ofl:

but it tastes so good......sip sip sip....aaaahhhh.

Last edited by Dawn-Marie; 06-01-2009 at 08:18 PM..
Old 06-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan j View Post
Call in the Reserves!!! It's a national emergency that people can't get 32 ounces of sugar and food colouring on demand!
Dan J, I think your missing the point, which is unfortunate because I always look forward to your replys on threads.

Last edited by T-Diddy; 06-01-2009 at 08:08 PM..
Old 06-01-2009

'when I want your opinion, I'll give it to you!'
Those are the most disrespectful and arrogant words when put together that I've read. (regardless of who says it.)

They probably knew that people are going to go crazy for large pop for a dollar (because OMFG it's SUCH a huge deal, you know, because it costs them, [or anyone with a brain who can mix pop with tap water!] $.35 a glass. :P ) so they don't have the cups intentionally to make even more money on the meds and smalls. -gasp- an immoral fast food conglomerate.
Old 06-01-2009

Oh well.
Old 06-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by donteatrawpotatoes View Post
'when I want your opinion, I'll give it to you!'
Those are the most disrespectful and arrogant words when put together that I've read. (regardless of who says it.)

They were meant to be!
Old 06-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaj27 View Post

Oh well.
You said it kaj27
Old 06-01-2009

I went to McDonalds, asked for a large pop - they didn't have any. Big deal, I got a medium. You pretty much spent $5-10 in gas alone looking for a large pop. Sometimes, common sense has to kick in.
Old 06-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripekv View Post
I went to McDonalds, asked for a large pop - they didn't have any. Big deal, I got a medium. You pretty much spent $5-10 in gas alone looking for a large pop. Sometimes, common sense has to kick in.
I only went to several McDonalds to solve my own Curiosity, after hearing from other locations that they were out of cups. Beleive me "I'm not that cheap" as to where I would drive all over hell's creation to try and find a large pop for a dollar! And actually it was more like 20 bucks on fuel.......I have one of those big gas guzzling SUV's. Don't you find it strange that all McDonalds locations are out of cups?....bad planning on their part.........thats all I'm trying to say. If you want a large pop you should be able to get it in at least at one location in the city.....it's a menu item for petes sake! And I do think it is a "Big Deal" becaue all of a sudden "any size pop" becomes small or medium...it's deception on McDonalds part.

Last edited by T-Diddy; 06-01-2009 at 10:54 PM..
Old 06-01-2009
**Silver-Level** Paid Account

I went to Burger King (where I never go) trying to get those Star Trek glasses... boy were they surprised when I cancelled my whole order because they didn't have any left. Maybe McD's legitimately ARE out of paper cups, your family can't have been the only one who had the idea and desire for tub-o-soda for a buck. If it is some sort of a dodge, they are shooting themselves in the foot-eventually people are going to catch on if they have no XL cups ALL summer...maybe head office is in charge of not sending them out. My question would be if I ordered a combo and upsized it for $$$, would they still be "OUT" of XL cups? In this tight economic times, we as consumers have to make sure we make ourselves heard by voting with our wallets.
Old 06-02-2009

I could'nt sleep due to this large cup fiasco, so I got up and called every McDonalds in the city...As of 8:00 this morning......still no Lg cup shipments! I have two people stationed at each McDonalds who are going to report back to me if and when any delivery trucks should arrive. We must work together people if we are to force this coroporation to bring back the Large size beverage containers!

Last edited by T-Diddy; 06-02-2009 at 07:25 AM..
Old 06-02-2009

Hey it just is not MacDonalds.Went to a Tim Hortons last evening ordered a small iced capp and they didn't have any small cups,so they put it in a medium.Good thing about it is that the filled it like a medium!!
Old 06-02-2009

MEOW!!! :P

I also think it's dumb that these places advertise for things then don't have enough stock to compensate. These places are well aware of these promotions ahead of time I am sure, so them being out of stock shouldn't even happen!!

I am always annoyed with McDonald's because they "sell" milkshakes. Yet every freakin time I go to get one for my 80+ grandmother, the machine is broke. So BUY A NEW ONE!!! If your car is forever breaking down, you either junk it or get a new one, am I right? Yes. So I feel the same about their milkshakes machines. Grrrr!

PS: Some people like fountain pop better than what you buy bottled, although it is usually the other way around. I LOVE McDonald's rootbeer for some reason and I LOVE KFC's Pepsi. :P I don't go there to just buy their pop though. I can't even eat at KFC anymore(their grease does not agree with my body), so I am missing their pepsi. :P I also noticed someone made a comment about the fatty food you are eating at these places...how does that person know you ate a big greasy cheeseburger and not a healthy wrap or salad. Just because you go to a fast food joint doesn't mean everyone there is eating their grease ladden foods, they actually do have healthy choices now!!

Last edited by Pumpkin; 06-02-2009 at 11:49 AM..
Old 06-02-2009

Is flat fountain pop even worth a $1?? Who would go specifically to McD's JUST to buy a fountain pop? YUCK
Old 06-02-2009

T-Diddy would.
Old 06-02-2009

Smile Topic: McDonalds out of cups!

lol