More Costco Fallout Local Topics

i SJ: Saint John, New Brunswick  Shopping, Classifieds, Jobs, Real Estate & Rentals, Discussion, Deals, Flyers, + more!

Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online!
Click here to visit the forums main page -- iSaintJohn.com - Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada online! See all recent posts Post a new ad / message Enhanced Features  Helpdesk
Business Advertising Sign-Up (Free!) Search
iSaintJohn Home Forums Home Contact Us Site Rules Terms of Use Privacy Statement

Visit the upgraded front page of iSJ for more info!

Free Saint John Visitor's Guide

Search the web:

Go Back   Saint John Classifieds & Forums > General & Local Discussion > Local Topics

Old 06-26-2010
Member (100 to 500 posts)

Default Topic: More Costco Fallout

More Costco Fallout

I think we all know that rumors and a buck fifty will buy you a coffee (except at Starbucks) however quite often they do have a ring of truth to them as well........

Can anyone confirm that the superstore in Lancaster mall will be changing to a No Frills store ? I heard this last night..........

Bill
Old 06-26-2010

yes they are, as well as a number of other locations across atlantic canada. i dont think this is related to costco as it is way too soon to see if costco has had any effect on local stores.
Old 06-26-2010

Out west there are a tremendous amount of NoFrills. No reason to be blaming Costco because a big company is deciding to rebrand MANY of their locations.
Old 06-27-2010
Long-Time Member (500+ posts)

So its not all Superstoers here in Saint John ... just the one?
Old 06-27-2010

I remember when I was a child we had No Frills and a cpl other of those type of grocery stores, funny they all left and now are coming back after all these years. I remember going to the one on Mcallister Dr where Coast Tire is.
Old 06-28-2010

The changing of the Lancaster store is not a result of Costco opening. its a change that has been in the works for a long time.
The Lancaster store will be the only No Frills in the area.. not saying that they do not change another down the road but for now it is just Lancaster/
Old 06-29-2010
Long-Time Member (500+ posts)

The Lancaster Store has been a disaster for years..it's hard to get around and not the cleanest...
if they were trying to compete with Costco they would definetly be steps behind.
Old 09-03-2010

No frills west opens Sep 15th.